Welcome! If you are new to Eden College, this page should help clear up a lot of commonly asked questions.
If you would like to contribute a question (and presumably the answer as well), please use the contacts page and send us a note.

Who do I get in touch with if I wish to enrol  on a course?

You will need to contact our Learning and Assessment Team will answer your questions. Contact on +44 (0)1708 726 660.

How long will my course take?

All courses have an indicative duration date, however unlike academic and some vocationally related courses. NVQ’s VRQ’s OCF’s are learner led, and
therefore learners can work at their own pace, but are registered normally for 3 years. However, we envisage that the following information applies –  Level 2  the  average time for completion is 6 months, Level 3 –  9 months and Level 4 – 12 months..

I want to do an NVQ/QCF Advice and Guidance course at level 3, but I feel I can progress to level 4 and would ideally like to do level 4. Do I need level 3 to do this?

You do not need a level 3 to get on to a level 4 NVQ/QCF. The Learning and Development Adviser assigned to you will work with you to ensure you make an informed decision.

I am keen to do the NVQ/QCF 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care as my employer has asked me to get this qualification, but I do not have the funds to fund this course, What do I do?

If you meet the eligibility criteria you may be able to access   Advanced Learning Loan  funding for your intended studies. Contact our Learning and Careers Team on +44 (0)1708 726 660 for further information.

I am an overseas student, I  came to the UK to study English. I have now completed my English course, but I am interested in doing the NVQ Level 3  in Child care. Will I be able to do this with my current student visa?

In order to obtain accurate information you would need to contact our Learning and Careers Team on +44 (0)1708 726 660. However, the Home Office would also be the ideal contact on this.

I have worked in an office for nearly 10 years. I do not have any qualifications, and I feel I need some qualifications related to my area of work. I am a little confused can you help?

Yes, we have a range of funded courses.  You would need to  contact the Learning and Careers Team

I am an overseas student and I am interested in doing a course with the College, but wondered if I can pay instalments, following paying my initial deposit.

The College does not accept any overseas applications outside the UK and Europe